Thursday, July 4, 2013

Outfit: Red, 100, & Blue!

Guess what? Today is my 100th blog post! I'm really excited about it. You see, I have a problem with starting things and not finishing them. Or starting a bunch of things at once and leaving them behind one by one. When I started this blog, I had no idea what I was doing. (I still don't) My posts were random and I'd go weeks without updating. I wasn't even sure what I wanted to post. (I'm still not really sure)


The thing that drew me into the world of blogging was the community behind it and all the inspiration I found. I've never really had a style and seeing a bunch of lovely ladies who knew what they were doing and did it well inspired me. I wanted to explore a different side of myself.


At first, thinking of what I was going to post next was daunting and stressful. At the same time, it felt pointless because I had about 3 followers for the first two months, and one of them was a family member. Wah. I did what every "big" blogger says to do and just kept writing! I love that it's become a creative outlet.

(Whoops... sorry for the blur)

While some people like to make their posts on the spot, I like to have things planned out. It's also beneficial for me, because it forces me to do things like have a craft night or go to an event I wouldn't normally go to. For my birthday last year, I went to an event at a local museum that I wouldn't have gone to otherwise. I was still too shy to bring my big camera in and settled for cell phone pictures, but I had so much fun! I'm going to go again in 2014 and this time I won't be scared to bring my camera. That's an awesome feeling.


Enough about my 100th post... it's Independence Day! Fun fact: John Adams and Thomas Jefferson (two signers of the Declaration, who both eventually became president) both died on July 4th. Crazy! And here's a quote from John Adams, to his wife the day the Declaration was approved: "It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of the continent to the other, from this time forward forever more." Now that sounds like a damn good party.


outfit details
bandana: thrifted
dress: American Eagle
shoes: Vans

8 comments:

  1. Woo happy 100th post! Your dress is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! And pretty dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 100 posts! Love the scarf in your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 100 posts! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aahhh! Congrats! I just found your blog not long ago, and you're adorbs. :) Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your 100 posts!! I didn't do anything from mine because I felt the same, I had like 3 or 4 followers. Now I have more but I still have no idea what I am doing. haha.

    I love your outfit. You are so adorable. I really need to get my camera out and take outfit pix.

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Loving your blog and your style! That dress is adorable. Will follow via Bloglovin.

    www.thischarmingwanderer.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay 100! I plan too - I find it easier! I loveeeeee this dress on you- it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

.