Friday, July 19, 2013

DIY: Textured Vases

Today I'm sharing a really simple tutorial on making over plain vases! These would look great in any color, but I love the look of white milk glass so that's what I was going for here. I went to the thrift store and bought four vases for about $2. This DIY costs less than $10!

You will need:
Vases
Puffy paint
Matte spray paint

You can google search vase designs, but I just don't have a very steady hand so I went with simple patterns! Use your paint bottle and carefully apply your design.



Wait for it to dry completely, then take them outside and spray them.



We had an unusually sunny day, so I let them sit outside for a few hours. And you're done! I planned on this being a two step process, adding in some real branches with leaves made out of various colored paint chips but I've been a real slacker lately. Maybe that will be my next tutorial!


I've had a hard time blogging this week, because I really haven't been in the best state of mind. Things are getting a lot harder than I had imagined, and there's really not much I could have done to prepare for it. I still haven't fully started my job and that's another thing bothering me, but I'm trying to stay positive and find things to look forward to... Such as Riot Fest in Chicago! I'd like to get some people together and make a trip out of it, but we'll see how that goes. If you're interested in being picked up, send me an email!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. That is cool and really different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'Love' vase is my favorite! You should do a giveaway.. one that will allow me to sign up multiple times haha! Great DIY Kelsey! Mucho thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'd love to do a giveaway on here soon!

      Delete

LinkWithin

.