Monday, May 20, 2013

Peanut Butter Dog Treats

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that I made some peanut butter cookies for the pups in my family. Grizzly prefers crunchy treats, and these are little bit softer. I gave some to my sister's dog, Baylie, for her fourth birthday and she absolutely loved them!


What you'll need:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cups hot water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 


In a large bowl, mix the flour and oats until evenly dispersed. Then gently combine the water and peanut butter to the dry ingredients. 



Knead with your hands until you have a smooth ball of dough. Take a rolling pin and flatten out the dough. You can use a cookie cutter to make cute shapes, but I just broke off pieces and rolled them into little balls. After I placed the balls on a nonstick pan, I flattened them out using pressure with a fork.


Bake for 30 minutes. If you want them a little bit softer, take them out 5-10 minutes early. For a shiny look, brush a thin coat of egg whites onto the cookies before baking.


A quick and simple recipe... My favorite kind. :)

2 comments:

  1. A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that I made some peanut butter cookies for the pups in my family. Grizzly prefers crunchy treats, and these are little bit softer. check out this website

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I wanna make these, my pups would loveee them!

    <3 katherine / of corgis & cocktails

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

.