Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May in Instagram


outdoor hangouts at sunset // feeding chickens at a friend's house


first time experiences // two of my best friends


...we hang out a lot // passing out dog walking brochures


silly quality time with Corey // my first custom order


I'd say that May was a pretty productive month! I'm not making a lot of money right now but that's not my goal anyway, it's to be self-employed and I know that takes time. I set my expectations fairly and so far I'm meeting all of my goals, and even exceeding them.

I know that a lot of people think I need to suck it up and get a "real" job, but I've done that and I know it's not for me. I'm going to be patient and focus on staying happy, because that's the most important thing. Eventually everything is going to fall into place and I don't want to rush into it.

Lately, I'm trying to savor every good moment. I have such little time left to spend with Corey before he's gone and it's a bummer, but it's definitely put things into perspective. Life is short, don't ever forget that.

2 comments:

  1. i love that first photo! self employment must feel awesome, or a least doing something you love. What's saying what you do can't be a 'real job'? What is a 'real job anyway'? Y'know? I love your new blog design by the by

    <3 katherine / of corgis & cocktails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing something I love to do is awesome, I'm just waiting for it to pay off one day! Haha. I definitely know what you mean though.

      Delete

LinkWithin

.