Monday, January 13, 2014

Recipe: Mini Pita Pizzas

** I seem to be getting a ton of page views from Pinterest for this recipe. I just wanted to put it out there that I also post other healthy, simple recipes on my blog, along with my adventures in thrifting, crafting, and style! If you're interested in seeing this, just follow my blog by clicking "Join this site" on the right hand side of the page or clicking the "f" button under my picture to see my posts on your Facebook feed! :) **

I'm trying to play a little catch-up for my 24 before 24 goals (that I'm failing miserably at!) and one of them was to create a little recipe book with my own pictures and directions. This week I'm sharing a healthy-ish lunch that's so simple to prepare: Mini pita pizzas!

mini pita pizza, individual pizzas, healthy pregnancy recipes, healthy eating, clean eating recipe, pizza recipe, whole wheat pita, whole wheat pizza

Other than your toppings, the only thing you need for this bad boy is some pita bread and pizza sauce. I opted for whole wheat and Muir Glen pizza sauce, 'cause it's seriously the bomb. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, then spread about two big teaspoons of pizza sauce over each circle of pita bread.

mini pita pizza, individual pizzas, healthy eating, clean eating recipe, pizza recipe, whole wheat pita, whole wheat pizza


mini pita pizza, individual pizzas, healthy eating, clean eating recipe, pizza recipe, whole wheat pita, whole wheat pizza

Then add your toppings. I thought we had more toppings in the fridge, and was going to go for some pineapple and green pepper. I ended up using tomato, onion, and jalapeƱo. We also didn't have any mozzarella cheese, so I used feta. Yeah, guess I wasn't really prepared to make this recipe, huh?!

Anyway, add your toppings and bake until the cheese is melted, about 7-10 minutes. Slice 'em into fours and enjoy!

mini pita pizza, individual pizzas, healthy eating, clean eating recipe, pizza recipe, whole wheat pita, whole wheat pizza

mini pita pizza, individual pizzas, healthy eating, clean eating recipe, pizza recipe, healthy pregnancy recipes, whole wheat pita, whole wheat pizza

3 comments:

  1. Looks tasty and easy to do! My kind of meal ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! It took me about 15 minutes total!

      Delete
  2. Those are my kind of pizzas LOADS of sauce! Mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

.