Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Home



Corey and I live with my parents. When I found out he was getting deployed, I felt like we had to get a house, so he had somewhere to come home to. So I could have my own space to cook and create and cry out loud when I want to. So my dog could sleep in the bed with me. Plans quickly changed after I lost my job, and I was dreading living at home, once again, for another year while he's gone.

I wanted pictures of our fresh life on the walls to keep me strong.


But I know well that life is not always beautiful, and sometimes you don't get a choice but to be strong. Or at least at like it, so you don't break down the people around you. And hey, sometimes it actually makes you feel better. What I have to remember is that I don't have a choice. I have to be strong.

Especially for one of the few people that I truly love.



Even if tears might be coming from my eyes as I type, I know that it's true. I am beyond blessed, and so damn lucky. I have so many dreams and goals for my life that I am excited about. I have years and years to look forward to with the love of my life. Most of all, I am happy. For the first time in my life, I really know that I am. So even though I might somedays stay in bed and only get out for tea, I know tomorrow I have to suck it up.

Sorry for the lack of posts around here, I want to take this blog to great places and through many improvements, so consider this a start. Or maybe it's just a promise to myself. Either way, I will try to keep the sad posts to a minimum. :)
  
All photos from weheartit.com

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post. Moving back in with your parents can be difficult at times, glad to hear you are happy and thinking on the bright side :)

    -Cole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) My parents are actually wonderful and so easy to live with, and that's another thing I'm lucky for!

      Delete
  2. It's hard - but being alone is evn harder because places like home feel very empty I have got to say. This might be a blessing in disguise for you. Good luck with this - being apart sucksbut I acutally think having your family around might be good! I moved away from all my friends and family the same week Jason moved to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :/ I'm sorry and I know that must be awful! You guys are still living apart, correct? If we lived near each other, we'd totally be friends and go get fancy beers when we're feeling lonely! <3

      Delete

LinkWithin

.