Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Grand Canyon

After leaving Austin, we had a "layover" in Albuquerque, NM. We got there pretty late, and I mentioned before that I didn't feel well at all when we were driving in. I don't know if it was the change of atmosphere or all in my head, but I do know that I don't care to go back! Haha. One cool thing we saw was Crossroads Motel, where they filmed a couple episodes for the show Breaking Bad. We were going to stay the night there, but it seemed a little sketchy and the front desk lady was pretty weird as well! If you watch the show, she even resembled Wendy the prostitute!



My gourmet lunch on the way to the Grand Canyon, and a still swollen thigh.


Hula girl eventually just decided to cruise in her birthday suit.


The Grand Canyon was beautiful and breathtaking (of course) and I'm so glad we went out of our way to visit. They charge a $25 fee for entering the park, but since Corey is military we actually got an annual pass to visit any national park free of charge!








I hope you all had a great Easter! I wish we could have seen our family and friends but sadly, we were stuck in Las Vegas. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Amazing trip! I've never been and your views look spectacular! Also, I would totally love to visit that motel - I love Breaking Bad!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

.