Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pacific Coast Highway

You've probably heard about the crazy storm around Denver, which was our last destination before heading home. By Sunday night, we knew that it wasn't an option for us and we would have to change our entire route home. It has been a huge disappointment, especially because one of my best friends moved to Denver recently and I was really hoping to spend some time with her. In the words of Andre 3000, "You could plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather."

I'm a little behind on keeping up with our trip so far, so now that we've gotten stuck in South Dakota you can expect to see more updates. We've been laying around in the hotel room all day after getting stuck in the snow (more on that later) and now we're eating hotel cereal for dinner. Good times!
;)


Anyway, this post is an update on part of our last few days spent in California. We left Santa Barbara and started to make our way to the Pacific Coast Highway. Before we even got onto Highway 1, we followed some winding back roads through the beautiful hills and countrysides. 



I wish that I had taken more pictures of the scenic views along the highway, but I really just couldn't stop watching. My train of thought was something like... I need to take more pictures-but I wanna live in the moment and appreciate it fully-and they really just don't capture how beautiful it is-damn this is unbelievable!  


It was literally jaw-dropping, breathtaking, and so inspiring. It sounds a little cheesy but I honestly think that drive changed my perspective on life. There is so much beauty in the world, in this country, and it's so amazing to experience something different. I never thought the west coast was any better than the east, and my opinion has 100 percent changed. Now I understand what the pacific northwest hype is all about. It's hard to put it into words.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

.