Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Birthday Trip to Boone, NC

I love seeing new towns, so for my birthday this year I knew we had to get away and enjoy some time in a mountain town. I've heard people talk about Boone plenty before, but neither of us had been, so we decided to try it out! We left on Friday and stopped at Ikea on the way, which was so awesome. After we got to Boone, we ate dinner at this awesome diner. We don't have any diners like this in SC, so I was really excited! 




We spent the next two days shopping around the small downtown area and doing some sightseeing. We went to Grandfather Mountain, which was super cool and pretty... but extremely pricey. I'm glad we got to go, but I don't think I'll ever be going back! We also went to Linville Gorge and walked about a mile to see Linville Falls. I love being outdoors and wish we could have done more hiking, but being pregnant has really taken its toll on me! I get out of breath so easily.




It really was a great, relaxing weekend. Sometimes you just need to take a break from being at home and work all the time, and we were way overdue! Also, I had to include our classy birthday celebration drinks. ;)


2 comments:

  1. Ohhh it looks like you guys had such a great time! And might I add, you are looking radiant :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

.