Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Recipe: Clean Chocolate & Peanut Butter Oat Clusters

** I seem to be getting a ton of page views from Pinterest for this recipe. I just wanted to put it out there that I also post other healthy, simple recipes on my blog, along with my adventures in thrifting, crafting, and style! If you're interested in seeing this, just follow my blog by clicking "Join this site" on the right hand side of the page or clicking the "f" button under my picture to see my posts on your Facebook feed! :) **


 Last Friday was National Peanut Cluster Day (as if you didn't already know!) so I thought it would be a good excuse to break into the baking world. I wanted to keep it simple and healthy, and the one recipe I found and altered to my liking didn't even require baking! Lucky me!

 
All you need is:
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze)
1/4 cup natural peanut butter (I used chunky for more texture)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats


That's my kind of recipe! Four ingredients!

Start by boiling an inch of water in a double boiler, then place the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and milk into the bowl and stir until everything is melted.


Remove from heat, and add your oats. Stir well until the oats are fully coated.


Line a baking sheet and use a tablespoon to drop the oat mixture into clusters.


Refrigerate! I waited 35 minutes.


If you know me, I am NOT a baker or chocolate maker of any kind. This has always kind of bothered me though, and I'd like to start changing it up in the kitchen. I eat "clean" almost all of the time, but my biggest downfall is dessert. I'll eat boring plain chicken and veggies every night of the week and be okay with it, but if someone puts ice cream in front of me, you'd better believe I am going to eat it! With chocolate syrup! So it's nice to know that I am capable of making a healthy dessert. :)


This recipe makes 14 clusters. Each cluster contains 75 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

.