Friday, August 16, 2013

Forever Slacking

Before I start, here's a picture of me currently. Typing this as I sit waiting for Corey to get his surgery started.


I'll start from the beginning of my mental list of reasons I haven't been posting. Corey got (honorably) discharged from his deployment. I feel like there's been a lot of talk surrounding the reasons for his coming home, so I won't hash out any details here. It's also pretty personal but I'll just say that we're both so glad he's home. After he got home, we had a lot of things to take care of; Getting him a new car and getting me signed up for school, which starts September second. Wooo! 

We also found a house to rent, and moved in within three days of looking at it. That was a very chaotic time, especially because I've been working a lot! We moved in almost a week ago, and most things are still in boxes. BEYOND ANNOYING... Anyway, so the landlords were supposed to finish remodeling our bathroom by last Sunday, and yesterday we were told it'd be another week. We were supposed to get a new toilet but instead were given and old-ass-new toilet. And that's just the beginning of the toilet talk.

Corey was trying to put a new toilet seat on it, but was having a hard time getting it off because the damn thing was rusted. But he's not a quitter if you know what I mean. Ahem... He's stubborn. So after 45 minutes of messing with it, the toilet cracked to the bottom and started leaking dirty old toilet water everywhere (GROSS) and he went to put a trash can under the leak and sliced his finger open on the porcelain. Ensuing lots of blood and yelling and hearts beating too fast. We went to the ER and spent the last five days trying to get a surgery scheduled. He tore a tendon in his hand, and since he does construction, it's very important that he had the surgery by day 7 or he'd have permanent nerve damage.  Today's day 6 so we barely made it, thanks to Tricare. Not. 

Sorry for the long story but I felt like I should let y'all know where I've been! And things will return to normal soon, I promise. I hope you all have a great weekend! :)

4 comments:

  1. Omg! What a crazy week for you! I'm so glad he's home, but yikes! I hope everything's okay!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything's better now, for the most part! He has to go to therapy twice a week and is out of work for a while, but things are calming down. We should still meet up at the end of the month!

      Delete
  2. OMG on a streak of bad luck :( Things always get better, though! I bet you're super happy to have him home & hope his surgery goes well and Tricare doesn't give ya'll too much of a headache!

    ♥, Brittney @ True Vintage Love
    www.truevintagelove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tricare is always a headache! Haha. But it has saved us over 10,000 dollars recently so I can't really complain.

      Delete

LinkWithin

.