Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Daily Essentials

I've read a couple of posts from other bloggers describing the products they use, and I thought I'd do a post with some items I really love and use every day. I like to use natural and/or organic products and I feel I've had the best luck with my skin since switching over a couple years ago.


Humphrey's witch hazel is seriously the best thing I've used on my face as a facial wash. Years ago, I used a bunch of acne products even though I only had a few blemishes from time to time and it ruined my complexion. For a while I used regular soap but it left my skin feeling too dry and tight. I switched to this about two years ago, and I'll never use anything else!


I love Burt's Bees products (except their hair care line) and have especially fallen in love with this day lotion and the herbal blemish stick. The blemish stick is roll-on, so after using witch hazel, I run it over any blemishes and then use a pea sized amount of the day lotion on my face.


I've had this bottle of leave-in conditioner for such a long time, because it only takes one pump. I usually only use it on the middle to the ends of my hair for a softer, healthier look. I love Sexy Hair products in general, but this is one of my favorites.


I got this lip scrub as a gift from my Aunt, and it's so delicious (not that I eat it!) and amazing. The one ounce jar is $24, but so so worth it. It's lasted me over a year and makes my lips feel so soft. She also offers a red velvet lib scrub, which sounds tempting for sure.


No words describe how much I love Baby Lips.


This stuff has a really natural smell to it that takes some getting used to. After a few weeks of using it, I grew to love it. Traditionally, shea butter is used to reduce visibility of scars and stretch marks, and is also useful in treating sunburn and psoriasis. I can't say enough good things about shea butter. I use it every day as lotion.


*Don't forget to Follow on Bloglovin via BlogLovin!! I'm still not sure whether GFC is going away, so follow me on here just in case! :)*

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! I used Witch Hazel years ago and forgot all about it. The lip scrub sounds very interesting. I'm going to check it out. Been in love with Ron's Shea Butter for a year or two great product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Robin! You should definitely try the lip scrub! :)

      Delete
  2. Tell me more about that witch hazel. Is it a soap or do you just swab it on with a cotton ball? I used to do the later when I was younger; might have to try it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People with acne use it to reduce oil on the skin. I have normal skin but I really like the tightening feel it gives me, but just be sure to use facial moisturizer afterward! I just use a soft rag and rub in small circles all over so it kind of works as an exfoliant.

      Delete
    2. I've tried a couple different brands of witch hazel but this one is my favorite!

      Delete
  3. I really need to switch to witch hazel - I adore the way that it smells and I am on the same path as you: cleanser is too rough on my complexion and soap is too harsh on my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I love the smell as well.

      Delete
  4. Wow. That's way more product then I use. When my lips feel chapped I use Burt's. The only other product I use is Clean & Clear once a day at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to use many products, but I'd like to be proactive about my skin since I'm getting older, and aging is inevitable. Shea Butter and facial moisturizer are key! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi! Just found your blog & it's adorable; I'm glad I found it! I definitely want to try some of these products now after reading about them. :) GFC is going away, btw (bloglovin' says it'll be gone in 3 weeks!). Oh, and in your about you photo you said you love craft beer! Another blogger & I do a segment once a week called Food & Beer Friday, you should check it out & link up if you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, hey! Thanks! I've kinda been holding out hope that GFC won't go away and just Google Reader will haha. The Food & Beer Friday sounds AWESOME and I'll definitely check that out. <3

      Delete

LinkWithin

.