Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tuxedo Nails

I've been wanting to try something different with my nails and I decided on the tuxedo nail. I think Zooey Deschanel started it, or at least that's when I started to see it around. Not to talk about her two days in a row or anything... BUT whether she or Nancy Grace were the first to do it, I wanted to give it a try! Usually I just do a two tone with a strip of tape.

I kinda followed THIS tutorial from Nail Tart, except I cut my tape in v-shapes because I don't have that steady of a hand. For the bows, I started with a dot on the inside then used a bobby pin to drag it out on either side. I don't have one of the fancy nail art pens so this definitely didn't turn out as well as it could have.


I am so frustrated with the quality of my pictures. I know that soon enough I'll be able to finally afford a DSLR, but it gets discouraging when you have to take 30 pictures just to get a blurry close up. :( Next week I'll be posting a tutorial for Christmas light nails. I've seen one on Pinterest, of course, but I might change it up a little bit!
  

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I love fun nail art. And it is so difficult especially in the winter to get good photos with any camera - I have been struggling to catch daylight for my indoors shots

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know that I'm not alone! Your photos still look great, though. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I love your David Lynch inspired nails, so creative and awesome. <3

      Delete

LinkWithin

.