Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentine's Day.

I'm a little late on posting the V-Day ventures, but so it goes. Corey and I went to one of my favorite restaurants ever, The Melting Pot, where we ordered the four-course meal of cheese fondue, salad, entree, and a dessert fondue. We got there an hour before our reservation in hopes of getting seated early. It didn't happen, but I got to enjoy a big ole glass of wine which is always nice! It also gave me time to experiment using my camera on manual... Which became quite a task in the dark atmosphere.



This photo looks really awful, but there was a wine room with vases full of flowers, if you chose to purchase them for your table. I really need practice!



For our dessert fondue, we chose the Flaming Turtle which is a combo of milk chocolate, caramel, and candied pecans. It was even flambeed at our table!


By the time we were finished eating, I had taken the belt off my dress and it hurt to laugh. I'm pretty sure his pants were unbuttoned, and I don't blame him because I was dying to take my tights off on the ride home! The price we pay for such a good meal, I guess?

He also got me this Morrissey print from Parlor Tattoo Prints on Etsy!
I absolutely love it!


I think this year was the first time I've had a proper Valentine's Day. The holiday itself isn't really important to me, but I like any excuse to get dressed up, eat a nice dinner, and show my love for someone!I hope you all had an equally awesome day as well! <3

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Melting Pot!! Hubs and I used to go there for every anniversary! Might have to start that tradition back up when we get back to the states!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great thing to look forward to every year! It may be pretty expensive, but so worth it! :)

      Delete
  2. That dessert looks delicious. Sounds like a great meal when you can barely move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm i loveeeee melting pot dessert especially. it's AMAZING right? we go there randomly when we are craving it, which is weird, but we definitely have ended up there at 9pm on a weeknight

    <3 katherine / of corgis & cocktails
    enter to win a custom made dog or cat collar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! The dessert is a lot less expensive than the rest of the meal, and definitely my favorite part! Until just now, I had NO IDEA there were so many locations.

      Delete
  4. I have never been to the melting pot. People back home ALWAYS talk about it, but I'm so cheap I've never been haha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

.